Wednesday 2 March 2011

Evaluation Question 2: How does your media product represent particular social groups?














The target audience for my media product are mainly aimed at male and females aged around 16-25 as my magazine ranges between classic rock and modern rock. Although my magazines aims more towards males, females can also find my magazine appealing. I have chosen for my target audience to range from 16-25 because the classic rock genre can also be read by younger teens who have an interest in this genre.To do this, I have made the magazine have a modern twist on classic rock. It has a style that will be appropiate for a social group who likes to combine classic rock with modern day rock My social group will  have a high interest in music and will also have classic rock idols which they would want to read about. They enjoy playing instruments, attending gigs, wearing punk/rock fashion and will not care much for music gossip so I have made the content appeal to my social group by having gig updates, concert reviews and recent updates in the rock genre. My front cover image connotes my social group because the model is holding an electric guitar which represents the image of my social group that my magazine targets.My double page spread is based on a rock legend who has a big influence in rock music today. This represents the sort of social group that would purchase and enjoy my media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment