Wednesday 2 March 2011

Evaluation Question 6: What have your learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


During the production of my music magazine, I used two programs which helped me make my magazine look professional. Adobe Photoshop and QuarkXPress allowed me to use tools in order to make my magazine correctly according to my plans. Although I had used Adobe Photoshop before, I learnt how to use more advanced tools in order to show creativity. Adobe Photoshop allowed me to create my front cover and to include the minor details that existing music magazines have. Effects helped my front cover look more professional in its appearance for e.g. for my masthead I used a drop shadow in order for it to stand out and look unique. QuarkXPress was the harder program to use as its tools were not as accessible compared to Adobe Photoshop. Using Quark helped me see clearly how well structured my contents page needed to be in order for it to look neat. For e.g. the guides that I used helped my contents page to be equal and consistent. Although the soft was hard to understand, I grasped the techniques immediately as the tools were easy to use. Using a camera added to my creativity as I used this throughout my production stages. I learnt different ways to use the camera and learnt what angles shots would be appropriate for my music genre. I took picures and edited them of a website called www.piknik.com to make my images connote my genre etc. The website helped me decide what effect would look best on my images for e.g. I changed my front cover image to black and white to connote classic rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment